Typical job duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and develop the IFRS subject matter expert team team with appropriate knowledge, skills and experience in the application of IFRS requirements.
- Providing accounting technical support under GAAP, IFRS and US SEC requirements.
- Enhance and implement the period-end financial reporting policies, procedures and controls to produce IFRS consolidated reports and related disclosures completely and accurately .
- Conduct research and apply management judgment to address complex technical accounting matters in accordance with IFRS, for example restructure, acquisitions, divestitures and other non-routine transactions and directs steps necessary to have the IFRS adjustment.
- Engage with external auditors and related stakeholders to drive timely preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and annual IFRS Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss and Cash flow statements, and related materials.
- Attend training to update the development and applicability of emerging accounting and reporting standards being deliberated by the IFRS or other regulations.
- Co-ordinate with related internal stakeholders to design and implement the controls over information technology general controls for information systems that are relevant to the preparation of financial statements.
- Supports the work with investor relations management to prepare sales and earnings press releases, reports for securities analysis, investors and SEC.
- Undertake ad-hoc special projects, including but not limited to changes in financial and accounting system and reporting due to restructuring, adoption of new accounting standards, as assigned.
- Majoring in Accounting with ACCA/CPA certificate.
- More than 10 years of experience in areas of IFRS financial reports, strong accounting and reporting knowledge.
- Big 4 experience is required.
- Demonstrable experience in meeting strict demands for tight controls from external parties.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering high quality and accurate content of all financial data in a timely manner.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, evaluating and training team members.
- Growth mindset that prioritizes continuous operational improvement, team development and service excellence.
- Resourceful, self-motivated and able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A team player with good organization skill and an eye for accuracy and detail.
We've received your profile and we do appreciate your interest in our job opportunities. We will screen your application and contact you for further steps if you are short-listed. Otherwise, the application with no response received within 2 weeks is considered unsuitable application, and we will keep your resume in our database and may consider for appropriate future openings. Again, thank you for considering VNG as a potential employer.